The project will bring young people from Rhineland-Palatinate and Rwanda digitally together to experience international exchange, learn together and to be empowered.
Technically a „Virtual Youth Exchange (VYE)“ consists of two groups of young people, one in RLP one in Rwanda. If a school class, a course or a group of students are seen as one acting unit in a country the size of the VYE could range from approx. 20 to 50 participants. The age group should be taken it account that both groups match each other. Otherwise there is no age limit, even VYEs with primary schools might be possible. But language and other skills have to be taken into specific considerations.
Topic, duration and workload are flexible factors that can be adapted for every VYE anew. All items will be discussed between the Europahaus as facilitator and both partner groups from RLP and Ruanda if not a ready-made VYE (see section „Project market & ready-made VYEs“) is chosen.
Each VYE consist of online and offline sessions, national and international cooperation, individual and group work. The VYE focuses on participatory and non-formal education, is experiential and learner-led.
Although the learning process is very much learner-led a VYE needs at least one ‚connection link‘ to each national group for administrative and infrastructural purposes. That may be e.g. a teacher, parents, a youth worker etc. If a national group consists of young people from different schools / organizations this ‚connecting link‘ is even more important for a sound implementation.
- Creates the opportunity to get in contact with other young people from another country with another cultural background
- Promoting inclusion, intercultural competencies and empathy
- Learn, work and cooperate in a digital set-up, increasing employability
- Enhancing active and democratic citizenship
- Experiencing fun, exchange and daily life with peers from the partner country
- Increasing language skills in an education-related environment
- Gaining knowledge and learning to learn competencies
- Establishing international networks for the partner organizations
- Enriching the portfolio and activities for young people in school
- Contribution and strengthening of European-African dialogue